Visit our pricing page for more information.
Asana Intelligence features use artificial intelligence (AI) to sort, filter, categorize, or otherwise analyze data and/or content to help users in your organization optimize their work.
Asana Intelligence refers to two sets of features:
- Powered by Asana AI: this feature set is powered by Asana’s own proprietary machine learning models.
- Powered by AI partners: this feature set relies on generative AI and large language models (LLMs) developed by third parties (e.g., OpenAI, Anthropic).
Customers can choose to enable Asana Intelligence features for their organization or workspace. If Asana Intelligence features are not enabled:
- The users in the organization/workspace will not have access to the AI features.
- The organization/workspace's data will not be processed to power these features.
Read further to learn more about Asana Intelligence features and the safeguards we’ve put in place for our customers.
What data is used for Asana Intelligence features powered by Asana AI?
Asana Intelligence features powered by Asana AI use metadata from your organization/workspace to help users optimize their work with AI.
Metadata does not include user generated content (e.g., task descriptions that may include user names).
Asana Intelligence features powered by AI partners use metadata and user generated content from your organization/workspace (e.g., content you enter into Asana like task titles and task descriptions) to help users optimize their work with AI.
AI partners do not use your data to train or improve their AI models. AI partners are required to configure their services to promptly delete your data following completion of any query and/or response.
To learn more about how Asana processes your information, please see Asana’s Privacy Statement.
Which AI-powered features can be administered by the Asana Intelligence admin control(s)?
The features below can be enabled/disabled by the Asana AI toggle in the admin console.
Recommended projects: In the Home tab, under the Projects widget, a list of Recommended projects can be displayed. These recommendations are generated using a collaborative filtering machine learning model, which infers relationships between users and projects based on which Asana projects a user and their frequent collaborators interact with. If Asana AI features are disabled in the Admin Console, users will only receive a generic list of recommended projects in Asana.
Priority inbox: In Inbox, a new Sort option for inbox activity is displayed. This allows users to sort their inbox by Relevance.
Task recommendations: Shows users personalized recommendations of tasks to prioritize.
Recommended teams: In the Team Directory, using the Recommended sort, a list of recommended teams is displayed. These recommendations are generated using a collaborative filtering machine learning model, which infers relationships between users and teams based on which Asana projects a user and their frequent collaborators interact with.
Top projects and portfolios: In the Sidebar, using the Top sort in the Projects section, projects and portfolios are displayed in a ranked list. This list is generated based on the projects and portfolios that a user has interacted with. If Asana AI features are disabled in the Admin Console, users will only receive a generic list of top projects in Asana.
The following features will be released in Autumn, 2023 and can be enabled/disabled by the Powered by AI partners control in the admin console.
- Smart editor: Write clearer, more compelling responses that strike the right tone.
- Smart summaries: Get action items and highlights from conversations, tasks, and comments without another meeting.
- Smart fields: Organize projects to support cross-functional collaboration with auto-generated custom fields.
- Smart status: Identify blind spots, open questions, and roadblocks to find an efficient path towards your goals with automatic status updates.
- Smart answers: Get timely answers and insights about projects, identify blockers, and determine next steps.
Enabling and disabling Asana Intelligence features
Super admins of organizations and workspace billing owners and creators can enable or disable Asana Intelligence features as follows:
- Click your profile picture in Asana and navigate to the Admin console
- Click the Settings tab
- Under Domain settings select Optimize with Asana Intelligence
From this window you can choose to enable or disable Asana Intelligence for your entire organization/workspace by checking or unchecking the appropriate box.
By disabling Asana Intelligence, your organization’s data will not be used to inform artificial intelligence features and these experiences will be disabled for the entire organization.
If you are an admin of an organization that does not have any super admins, you can disable these features, but cannot enable them again. To enable them, you will need to complete the super admin verification process or contact the Support team. A warning banner will be displayed in-product before an admin makes this change. This also applies to divisions in Asana as divisions do not have super admins. In order to enable Asana Intelligence features for a division, a division admin would need to complete the super admin verification process and become a super admin of the organization.
We commit to being open and clear about our partnerships, security, data collection, data protection, and management practices. Our AI partners adhere to the following guidelines:
- They do not train or improve their AI models using your data.
- They must configure their services to promptly delete your data following completion of any query and/or response.