Service Accounts are available to Asana Enterprise customers.
Service Accounts enable Asana super admins to have complete access to all data in their organization and export it through the Asana API, allowing for more powerful reporting options and building automations and integrations more easily.
Find more information on how to use Asana API.
Note: Service accounts are not available to Enterprise divisions.
Use Service Accounts to:
- Create periodic data backups
- Automate user and access management based on your company's policies
- Provide automation for recurring administrative tasks like team member management and cleaning up inactive projects
- Add customized business rules triggered by actions within Asana
- Export your organization's data using the Asana API
- Build organization-specific integrations between other internal tools and Asana, and much more
Super admins can view the list of Service Accounts through the Apps tab of their admin console at any time and rename or deauthorize accounts that are no longer needed. You can provide Service Accounts with a name and profile picture, and action items as you would from a regular user account.
Use Service Account tokens as organization-level substitutes for Personal Access Tokens.
To add a Service Account:
- Click the Apps tab from with your admin console
- Click Service accounts
- Click the Add Service Account button
Managing Service Accounts
Click the three dot icon next to an existing Service Account and click Edit.
Service Accounts have full programmatic access to your organization's data. Make sure not to hardcode Service Account tokens into your programs, and regularly review and deauthorize tokens no longer in use.
From the Edit Service Account window, you can save your edits aor delete the Service Account.
You will not be able to log in to Asana as a Service Account. Service Accounts only interact with your organization through the Asana API.